• 2 tablespoons coconut oil (for searing chicken)
• 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
• 3/4 cup red enchilada sauce
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/4 cup chopped onion
• 1– 4 oz can diced green chiles
• 1 whole avocado, diced
• 1 roma tomato, chopped
• 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1/4 cup chopped jalapenos
• 1/2 cup sour cream
Melt the coconut oil over medium heat. When hot, sear chicken thighs until lightly brown. Pour in enchilada sauce and water then add onion and green chiles. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook chicken for 17-25 minutes or until chicken is tender and fully cooked through. Remove the chicken and chop or shred chicken (your preference) then add it back into the pot. Let the chicken simmer uncovered for an additional 10 minutes to absorb flavor and allow the sauce to reduce a little.
To Serve, top with avocado, cheese, jalapeno, sour cream, tomato, and any other desired toppings. Serve alone in a bowl or over cauliflower rice if desired.